Sky High Montage

Pre-Production

During pre-production, even perhaps before it, we ranked off of a list which five movies we would like to recreate trailers for. All of the movies on the list had to do with high school or high school students. The trailer me and my group of Malik, Ethan, Andrew M., Andrew B., and I were assigned to was Sky High. I overlooked how much actually went into this trailer effects wise. Since none of us except for Andrew M. know how to do effects, we each had to fully flesh out the role we took on. Ethan and I took storyboarding. We broke down the trailer shot for shot, which proved time consuming as the trailer is very choppy and quickly paced. Our plan was to shoot and CGI as much of the trailer as we could, and I think we overestimated our abilities within the time constraint. I expected to get maybe half of the trailer, but we did not get even close to my estimation; however, that is not necessarily as big of a negative as I originally thought.

Production

Production wise, we set out to film as much as possible. I think we did not get as many shots as we could have. We used cheap green table cloths for green screening when needed. Andrew also got a shot at home that turned out really nice. All in all production could have been far more productive.

Post-Production

Our piece was very post-production heavy. Andrew took a mighty role when it came to post, as he basically did all the effects work. At this time we realized we did not have enough to really make much of a trailer at all. This turned this project into a learning experience. We learned to put more time into planning and production, as well as learning a better gauge on what is achievable on our skill level. I feel though this project failed in many ways, it is one of my most important projects so far because of how much I learned during it that can apply to life as a whole.

Comments