How to See a Teacher



We decided to tell the story of a student failing, working hard, then eventually succeeding. We show this with him initially failing a quiz, implying studying and working hard, and then getting an A on his retake quiz. Within the thirty second limit it is hard to show his hard work, so we imply it with the passage of time.

To begin the assignment we chose a topic we felt was important for students to understand, that being how to see a teacher during Power 50. We also chose this because the procedure has changed from previous years and students might not necessarily be aware of the change. Next, to get an idea of how it actually worked we talked to Mr. Netterville, the ambassador of this new system, so we could write the steps directly from the source. After we figured out the steps, we wrote the script and storyboarded. Then, we began filming. Filming was a tricky process because we needed to schedule around a teacher so we could use their room, luckily Ms. Burbridge was kind enough to lend us her room and talent as an actress.

For this project I storyboarded and helped frame a single shot that I envisioned during storyboarding. Doing one task helped me learn to let others help do the work. I can very easily turn into a control freak if I don't control myself, and on this project I feel I did an okay job at that. I also reiterated basic editing techniques into my brain such as sequencing and audio editing.

I would pick a totally different idea if I could. Our idea was way too large in scope for the thirty second maximum. I would also focus more on the process of actually how to know when to see a teacher.

I would keep the same actor and team. We worked really well together and all filled in our roles well.

I will manage my time better next project.

I think overall our project was decent for the first of the year, I am excited to see what the rest of this school year holds for our class.

Comments