December 2020 Cinematography Reel

    As a senior in eCommunication, I wanted to create something that reflected who I am as a cinematographer, editor, and as a person. Over this past year, I believe I have found my creative niche as an artist. I picked my best shots from all of my work, even projects that never made it to the finish line like Remembrance. I want to brand myself as a cinematographer with a distinct style that can be applied to many different genres. My song choice and editing pacing reflected my personal tastes as well.
    For the next reel I make, I want it to feel more complete. I would edit the music to come to a more conclusive ending and have a better credits card. I would continue to use my best shots and edit to the music, and I also would end it with title cards for each work. I learned a little about color correcting and music editing that I can use in future projects
    In general, I believe this to be my strongest reel by far. I hope to improve upon it this semester with the feature film, music video, and short film projects under my belt.

Comments