Typography Project





Pre-Production

Listing ten quotes I was excited about designing a typography for was a challenge. Eventually, I composed a list of ten. I picked out my favorite four. Next, I went to dafont.com and picked out fonts that I thought could eventually be useful. I downloaded around twenty. Finally, I created my document with four squares.

Production

In illustrator I typed in my four quotes. I retyped them word by word as separate text boxes. I then lined these up and arranged them in ways I thought fit each quote. Generally, this meant making important words the focus by making them large. After lining them up roughly I went through each one and lined it up fixing spacing. Next, I used the pen tool to sketch a brick wall to fit the tone of the graffiti font for one of the quotes. After, I moved things around a bit more to try and get layouts the way I wanted. When I was happy with the layouts and fonts, I exported it then continued my work. I added color to each and worked the sizing and spacing a bit more. Finally I was ready to export.

Post-Production

I feel my final designs worked out well. If I had more time to pour into these I could make these better. I could add color more creatively.

Comments